SEO is a tool that can be compared to a marathon, and advertising is a sprint. For reaching a great result from SEO and if you want your site search to be high, you need professional SEO services.
How do search engines rate websites?
Search engine evaluation criteria are called ranking factors. Google and other search tools want users to find the most complete answers to their queries as quickly as possible and be satisfied with the interaction with search engines. The more closely the site matches the ranking factors, the higher it is in the search results, therefore, the more traffic it attracts. Thus, the task of SEO specialists is to bring the pages of the resource in line with the ranking factors.
The requirements of search engines are generally similar – they take into account traffic, commercial, behavioral, link and text factors.
Traffic factors take into account:
- size and age of the site – search engines prefer large resources with a long history, because they consider them more reliable;
- the volume of search and non-search traffic, including direct clicks from search, clicks from mail, advertising, and social networks;
- site quality index;
- range – this factor, together with the size of the resource, explains, for example, a large number of aggregators and marketplaces in the tops of search results.
Behavioral factors are everything that characterizes the behavior of visitors on the pages:
- how long they are on them;
- leave immediately or stay to study the information;
- whether they perform conversion actions.
Compliance with these parameters means for search engines that it is convenient for users to interact with the resource: it is thought out, logically built, it has clear navigation and menus, there are no errors and empty pages. User friendliness is often referred to as “usability”. In 2021, Google began to apply additional Core Web Vitals ranking factors, which take into account the loading speed of the main content of the page, the speed of interaction, content stability, taking into account layout shift.
If users linger on the page, the algorithms take this into account. For them, this means that the posted content matches the user’s search query, is interesting and useful. If a visitor completes a conversion action, it means they found what they were looking for. Search engines want to show more of these sites at the top of the results.
Commercial factors include everything that helps to make a purchase faster:
- convenience: there is a clear navigation through the catalog, the client can quickly find, add to the cart, pay for a product or service;
- information about the product: the company indicated the price, characteristics, description of the functionality;
- additional information: about the terms of delivery, return of goods, its availability, additional services, addresses of retail stores, methods of communication.
Link factors take into account how many other resources link to the site – this increases its authority for algorithms.
Text factors evaluate content:
- the purpose of the page should correspond to the content – that is, the entertainment page should contain entertainment content, the news portal should contain news, and the commercial pages should contain a description of goods and services;
- competence, credibility, credibility – Google has this criterion of E-A-T.
What is included in the package of works on SEO-promotion.
Any promotion work begins with an audit, which results in an accurate understanding of the site’s position in the industry, as well as relative to competitors, the target audience and growth potential are determined.
An audit of the technical part is being carried out – it is necessary to find broken links that lead nowhere, copies of pages. You need to check that the pages load quickly and display correctly on computers, tablets, mobile phones. Any errors found must be corrected.
A usability audit will highlight the places where users have difficulty interacting with the site. You also need to make sure that the content meets the E-A-T criteria.
Compilation of the semantic core
The semantic core of the site is a group of user search queries, those keywords and phrases under which the site is promoted. Keywords should cover all types of pages – commercial and informational. It is also necessary to take into account brand requests.
Analysis of the collected semantic core will help determine the structure. It may happen that you need to simplify or, on the contrary, complicate the hierarchy. It will also be clear on which pages to set up ads.
- eliminate technical errors, duplicates, broken links, adapt to all types of devices, speed up page loading;
- index pages, set up redirects;
- configure microdata;
- improve usability;
- fill the pages with content taking into account the collected keywords, and prescribe meta tags.
External optimization is switched to after the internal optimization is completed. This is actually placing links to the site on third-party resources. Link mass not only increases authority, but also helps to increase traffic, so you first need to make sure that the resource is ready for the visit of new visitors, and only then place links to it.
Black hat SEO – what methods can not be used in order not to get banned by search engines.
Unscrupulous SEOs are still offering cheap, fast, and dangerous promotion methods. We have already considered in detail what is behind the promises to bring your site to the top in a few days and what sanctions follow from this.
Here are some tricks to avoid in order not to get banned by search engines:
- Text manipulation. For example, re-optimization, oversaturation of texts with keywords in unnatural word forms, promotion in positions.
- Entry pages (doorways). Placing pages on free hosting or your own server with a list of keywords with automatic redirect.
- Page variables (cloaking). Setting up pages for search robots so that they differ from those that the user sees.
- Mass purchase of links on stock exchanges, mass placement on forums, bulletin boards, forums.
- Cheating behavioral factors.
Perhaps these methods can bring short-term success, but search engine algorithms very quickly identify fraud and exclude the site from the index. But in order to remove the ban, sometimes it takes months. At the same time, no one will give guarantees for the restoration of positions.
We realized that working only with the site and the link environment in 2022 is no longer enough. Now you need to be present wherever users can appear: in SERPs, on marketplaces and aggregators, in their own search engine services, as well as other sites.
- SEO is a comprehensive tool for driving organic traffic from SERPs.
- SEO promotion is suitable for companies, individual entrepreneurs, craftsmen, content portals.
- To climb higher in search results and attract more traffic, you need to meet certain requirements of search engines – ranking factors.
- Bringing the site in line with ranking factors is search engine optimization, that is, SEO.
- Optimization is internal and external. You must always start from the inside. But there is no need to use black methods.
- The trend of 2022 is the optimization of the entire search space and business-oriented promotion.