Online MBA is an MBA program that is specially designed for those who are passionate enough to pursue their higher studies along with their job or other commitments. Students who get loads of responsibilities to fulfill right after their graduation need not compromise with their graduation degree only. Online MBA is one of the most convenient forms of learning especially for the working professionals who are willing to kick start their career in the business and management domain.
Online MBA is a UGC recognized degree which comes with the benefits of virtual lectures and soft copies of study material and assignments. Henceforth, if a student enrolls himself in any accredited Business School then he/she gets the benefit of getting a job in MNCs. Henceforth, the value of an online MBA is equivalent to a regular MBA and students can easily proceed to take jobs in reputed firms.
How can Online MBA help in holistic Development?
Online MBA is an advanced distance learning program that is sufficient to provide you an in-depth knowledge of different managerial aspects like Business Communications, Organizational Behaviour, Managerial Economics, and so & so forth. However, there are students who hesitate for an online MBA as it lacks physical exposure and networking in the real environment. Nevertheless, an online MBA leaves you with enough benefits, and the benefits are:
- Exposure to innovative Technologies: An online MBA does not provide you the lectures in physical classrooms like a traditional MBA but its classes are completely virtual which helps in knowing the technical know-how. Students get exposed to new and innovative technologies to attend lectures, manage events, interact with their fellow members via chat forums or meeting platforms. It is so obvious that it will be difficult for students to get any administrative job on the basis of management skills too to manage the workings.
- International Connections: As online MBA is not restricted to the four walls of the classroom so students can now actually interact with their international peers virtually. If you enroll yourself in an accredited B-School then you will get the benefit of global networking. The global classrooms and virtual events actually help students in connecting with professors, scholars, recruiters across the globe. Moreover, when we talk about online learning, we know that students and professionals from all over the world join in for a particular course. You get to know the experiences and functioning of people from different backgrounds and sectors.
- The benefit of Time: As you all know that online MBA is an advanced course for those who are working which means it gives you enough time to continue your job and attend lectures altogether. Hence, you get both experience and a degree at the same time. Distance MBA creates a flexible atmosphere for the working individuals and makes studying easier and less time consuming. The working professionals get the benefit of time without utilizing their time in regular classes and therefore, they also get the benefit of focussing on both their work and the degree.
- Choose from different Specializations: Online MBA or even distance MBA offers degrees in different subjects which help students in developing skills of the subjects they want. Many institutes offer online MBA with specifications in domains like Finance, Marketing, Human resources, and others. Distance MBA will offer you an opportunity to explore much more courses and subjects than you ever thought you knew. Also, while studying distance MBA, a student can also explore areas different from his course which, in the future will benefit his career.
- Valuable Degree: Now the acceptance towards online and distance courses is increasing worldwide. Also, online degrees are recognized by the University Grants Commission or UGC which makes these courses valid and equally valuable as regular courses. Online MBAs too have been approved by UGC and approved institutes are allowed to provide this degree course.
Difference between Online MBA and a Regular MBA
A regular or traditional MBA is a degree in management provided to students after attending on-campus classes for 2 years. Whereas, online MBA is a program where students have to attend virtual classes and give exams at the end of the term. Here, students need not visit campus or maintain minimum attendance to get the degree. Both degrees have their importance whereas, an online MBA is suitable for working professionals and a regular MBA is for those who can dedicate 2 years to their post graduation.
Admission Criteria of Online MBA
The degree holds importance because it provides admission without any entrance exam. Hence, the program covers a large chunk of the population who are willing to be managers. The admission or selection criteria of online MBA are:
- Students need to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum percentile.
- The graduation degree must be issued from a recognized university.
- There is no maximum age limit.
However, different management universities set different criteria to provide admission to eligible students. But the above-mentioned criteria are general and the minimum percentage required at the time of admission may vary with universities.
Online MBA Specializations
MBA or Master’s in Business Administration is a famous program that offers managerial knowledge in different domains and hence, students can pursue MBA programs in different specializations. These specializations are created according to the different areas of business that need to be managed properly for the growth of the business. Specializations of online MBA are:
- Consulting and Strategic Management
- Investments and Insurance Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Technology Management
- International Business Management
- Industrial Management
- Marketing Management
Career Opportunities after Online MBA
There are a plethora of job or career opportunities after completing an online MBA as the top leading companies require qualified managers to manage the different sectors of their businesses. Also, you can get jobs in both the private and government sectors. The course will help you in changing your lifestyle as you can get a higher payroll after completing the course. Some of the top posts where an MBA holder can apply are mentioned below:-
- HR Manager
- IT Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business and Development Manager
- Risk Manager
- ERP Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Finance Head
- Staffing Manager
Top Management Universities
There are plenty of universities that offer online MBA programs in India and they are even approved by UGC and accredited by NAAC. Some of the famous management universities are:
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Chandigarh University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Amity Online
- ITM University online, Navi Mumbai
If you are interested in developing the skills and knowledge related to business management and searching for a course related to that then an Online MBA course is best suitable for you. The degree will help you in making a bright career in the management field. Also, the course is available in the different specializations. These specializations are created according to the different fields of the management industry. You can choose one as per your interest or career plans. The online MBA course is a verified course as it is recognized by the UGC-DEB. You can apply for the different job opportunities using the skills and knowledge gained during the course. Hope this article will help you in clearing your doubts about the Online MBA course.