NTA UGC NET 2022 Notification: On its official website, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will shortly open an application window for the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET). The online application link, on the other hand, will not be activated until the official notification is released.
The UGC NET exam is administered twice a year (in June and December) to evaluate eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) positions in Indian universities and colleges.
The exam will be held in an online mode across various exam centres in India.
Official Notification for the UGC NET 2022 Exam
In March or April, the official announcement for the UGC NET June 2022 exam will be posted on the official website. As a result, candidates should keep an eye on the NTA UGC NET official website, ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
The notification will contain information about the online registration opening and closing date along with application correction dates. Aspirants who want to become a Professor or a Lecturer at a recognized university and college can apply for this exam.
UGC NET 2022: Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the UGC NET June 2022 exam, candidates should hold Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree from a recognized university.
- For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)- 31 years
- For SC/ST/OBC/Women/PwD/transgender candidates, there will be age relaxation of up to 5 years.
- For General category- Rs 1000
- For OBC/EWS- Rs 500
- For SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender- Rs 250
- Notification Release Dates- March or April 2022 (Tentative)
- Online Application and Registration Date- To be notified later
- Application Correction Dates- To be notified later
- UGC NET June 2022 Exam Dates- June 2022 (Tentative)
UGC NET 2022 Application Form
UGC NET Application Form will be available on the official website of NTA. Candidates are required to visit the official site to apply for this exam. A link for the official website and to apply for this exam will be updated in this article as soon as the application form releases. The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan. Candidates can open the link to apply for eligibility. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. Take the printout of the filled application form and payment slip for further usage.
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.
- The entrance test will be organized in an Online CBT mode.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective-type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, are intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective-type compulsory questions.
- The timings for Paper I will be from 09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M. and the same for Paper-II will be from 11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours|
The cutoff will be available as soon as the result is declared.
|Category||Paper – I||Paper-II|
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET 2022: Important Points
- UGC NET is the eligibility test for the post of assistant professor in Indian colleges/Universities.
- It is also the qualifying test for the award of Junior Research Fellowship.
- You need to bring one identity proof along with the admit card.
- There will be no negative marking in UGC NET Dec 2022.
- You can pay the fee through a credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- The candidate should have at least a master’s degree from a recognized institution to be eligible for UGC NET.
- Candidates who completed post-graduation in public administration can appear net exam for the subject of political science.
About NTA UGC NET Exam 2022
|UGC NET Exam Basic Information|
|UGC NET 2021 Exam Dates||20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30 November 2021, & 01, 03, 04, 05, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30 December 2021 [(Postponed in a few cities of Odisha & Andhra Pradesh) 4 & 5 Jan 2022]|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Test also known as UGC NET|
|Administering Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Award on Qualifying Exam||Certificate of Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor|
|Mode of Conduct||Online Examination|
|Application Fees||General- Rs. 1000/-
OBC/ EWS- Rs. 500/-
SC/ST/Transgender – Rs 250/-
|Selection Process||1 Exam Comprising Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|Score Validity||3 years for JRF
Lifetime for AP
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes|
|Score Range||0-100 for Paper 1
0-200 for Paper 2
|UGC Official Website||www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in|
NTA UGC NET Exam
The National Eligibility Test (NET) commonly referred to as UGC NET or NTA UGC NET Exam, started in the year 1989-90, is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for 81 different subjects.
First, let me start by introducing the organisations.
UGC (University Grants Commission) was established in 1956 as a statutory body by the Indian Government. Its objectives were to coordinate, determine and maintain the standards of higher education.
While, NTA (an Indian Government Agency) was established in November 2017 to conduct entrance examinations for institutes of higher education, nationwide.
The UGC NET exam was earlier conducted by the CBSE but from December 2018 onwards it is being conducted by the NTA. It is conducted typically twice a year (June & December Cycles) and more than 5 lakh students appear for the exam each cycle.
The exam’s purpose is basically to determine whether you are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor (AP) &/or receive the Junior Research Fellowship award (JRF).
Now, to talk a little about the JRF. It is a letter awarded to those candidates that have secured marks greater/equal to the JRF cut-offs in their NET for their respective subjects. The JRF letter is basically a bearer document through which you’ll be able to avail a scholarship while pursuing your M.Phil./Ph.D.
Further, the result of the combined examination was declared on 19th February 2022. The results can be checked alongside the Cutoff marks, Cutoff percentile, and Final Answer Key on the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA).