Summary: Are you looking for a solution on how to read Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook, then you are at right place. We discussed the full method of migration HCL Notes to Outlook. In this article, we have explained an automated CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter software that helps you to directly migrate Lotus Notes database to Outlook PST file format with all details and attachments with Lotus Notes application without any error.
When companies move and change emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook, they need to configure HCL IBM Notes emails in Outlook. In this article, we will explain two methods to access and open Lotus Notes data items in Outlook platform. One is a manual method, and the other one is an automated solution that uses an advanced application.
Why there is required to Switch Lotus Notes NSF Files into PST Format?
HCL Lotus Notes is designed by IBM and Microsoft Outlook is developed by Microsoft Office so both are different platforms. Both of the email client applications use different file formats to store the data items. HCL Lotus Notes uses No-SQL technology to save their data in the IBM database with .nsf format and Outlook uses Active Directory database format to save the data in .pst format. And NSF file format is not supported by many others email client platforms.
Reasons behind the NSF to PST Conversion:
- IBM Notes user interface is complicated as compared to the Microsoft Outlook GUI interface.
- Tough to understand and work on HCL Lotus Notes as compared to MS Outlook for a novice.
- Need technical knowledge to work with Lotus Notes.
- The users can maintain more than one accounts in Outlook but in Lotus Notes it is difficult to use multiple accounts at once.
- It is hard to understand Lotus Notes updates as compared to Outlook.
- Job changing can be one of the reasons for migration emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Lotus Notes maintenance cost is very expensive for poor users and Microsoft Outlook maintenance cost is low.
Now, these reasons may be enough to do a process of how to read Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook PST file format.
How to Access Emails from HCL Notes to Outlook PST Format?
There are two ways to export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook, the first method is a manual method technique and the second one is a professional and third-party solution i.e. CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter.
Let’s talk about all the ways that we can convert NSF to PST file format without any problems.
It is a freeware Lotus Notes to Outlook conversion. Before moving to the conversion procedure, it’s always recommended to back up all the Lotus Notes NSF databases in your local machine because of their chances of data loss and corruption. The manual method is divided into two parts, follow these steps accurately:
- Export Lotus Notes NSF File to CSV
- Import CSV File into Outlook
#Export Lotus Notes NSF File to CSV Format
- Launch IBM Lotus Notes on your system.
- Then click File>Open >Lotus Notes Application.
- In open windows and browse for the desired NSF file and click open.
- Now click Export on the file menu.
- Then enter the file name, file location, and saving type on the Export dialogue box.
- Click on Comma Separated File Value.
- Select the desired option from the CSV Export dialogue box and click ok.
- The Exported files get saved in CVS in a defined location.
#Import CSV File into Outlook PST Format
- Open Outlook email application. Go to the file menu tab, Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
- An Import and Export dialogue box will emerge. Select Import from another program and then click on next.
- Select comma-separated values as file type and click next.
- Next, browse the location for the CSV file created while exporting Lotus Notes.
- Select the folder where you want to save your exported data and click Next.
- From the import, a file dialogue box selects the given checkbox. And click on finish.
- The data files from the CSV list are converted into outlook.
Powerful CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter to Bulk Export Lotus Notes NSF Files to Outlook
The free manual solution to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook we just explained includes many technical steps, and it can be time-consuming. On the other hand, a third-party tool uses an advanced software program that can perform seamless open Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook with all details and attachments.
Users can use the best NSF Converter tool to convert Lotus Notes NSF files to various file formats such as NSF to PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, EMLX, Office 365, Exchange Server, Hosted Exchange Server, and many others. It allows you to batch migrate multiple Lotus Notes databases to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and etc. including all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and etc. items without any data loss.
To perform the software for converting NSF files in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Launch the NSF Converter tool and go to the Add Files option to load NSF files by clicking Select Single/Multiple Files. The software will scan the file automatically.
- Preview the contents of the NSF file and select the items you want to convert into PST format.
- Click on the Export option to select the Saving Option PST from the list. And browse the destination path to save the converted items.
- Now, click on the Convert button to start the conversion process. After completing the process, the software shows a message “Process Completed Successfully”. Then tab the OK button to finish the process.
The Concluding Words
So far we have explained tips and tricks of how to read Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook. We also mentioned why users want to switch HCL Lotus Notes to Outlook? And the manual solution to export Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook. However, it totally depends on the user which technique he wants to apply as per his feasibility. But officially, the use of a technical solution is a requirement today. As it provides a 100% safe and secure atmosphere for migration of Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST.
Visit Here: How Do I Import A .msg File in Outlook?