Why do we make any decision and choose a particular path?
The answers to the above differ from person to person. Whether it’s choosing an academic discipline or a professional career path, many factors & variables come into play during decision making. And, that’s quite normal and necessary since choosing the right career path is a critical & life-changing decision for engineering.
I am an engineer with a bachelor’s degree in electronics & instrumentation engineering. And, in this article, I recount the reasons, motivations, and other various factors that compelled me to choose this particular career path.
Why I Chose Electronics Engineering As An Academic Discipline
Earning an engineering degree is not a simple feat. One needs to possess solid foundations in science & mathematics, an inquisitive outlook, and a profound interest in technology & its myriad applications. Proper numeracy skills, problem solving capabilities, and a creative flair are some other handy prerequisites for becoming a sound engineer. The three points below highlight why I studied engineering and encompass the key factors that make engineering such a promising discipline.
Satiating My Unbridled Curiosity About Science & Technology
Engineering degrees offer an excellent opportunity to explore the myriad avenues & aspects of science & technology.
- Engineering as a career covers a wide range of disciplines and dwells into different sub-branches of science. Engineering inquires into physics, chemistry, mathematics, and their inter-disciplinary branches. From rockets & cell phones, electrical power lines to payment processing applications, engineering dabbles into everything.
It is this multi-faceted and expansive nature of engineering that attracted me to the subject. Studying engineering offered me a chance to learn about different underlying scientific phenomena and a chance to employ critical reasoning & problem-solving skills.
- I have always harbored a keen interest and curiosity in science and technology. Electronics engineering allowed me to learn more about the physics of semiconductors, the wave-particle duality behavior of electrons, and how such phenomena have been harnessed to create marvelous devices & applications.
For example, solid-state electronics is a highly revelatory subject for physics enthusiasts and an excellent starting point for studying quantum mechanics. You get to find out how different electronic devices operate and perform various kinds of tasks in such a swift & accurate manner.
Choosing engineering as an academic discipline was my attempt to learn better rate my paper about the different applications of various natural scientific phenomena.
Understanding How Things Work
One key thing about studying engineering is that most engineering curriculums do not just mete out information about different scientific processes & natural phenomena but investigate them from the application-based perspective.
- In my case, electronics engineering helped me learn more about the essential components of all major & minor electronic devices, from smartphones to supercomputers Subjects such as basic electronics, analog & digital integrated circuits, and instrumentation showcased how different physical phenomena in nature have been harnessed to build technological marvels. I learned how sensors generate signals, how a signal is manipulated, and how processors execute those signals to deliver information- all through the auspices of engineering education.
- Blending theory with practicality has always been at the heart of engineering studies. And that helped me learn and find out more about different technologies.
Practical lab work allowed me to decipher how LCD seven-segment work using different logic gates and strengthened my knowledge about the many branches of formal & mathematical logic.
- Here’s another example that expanded my knowledge regarding the intricate relationship between electronics & software applications.
I was part of a training program that dwelled into machine language and abstractions in computer science. Through that program, I learned about how different online & offline software applications interact with the machine.
- The study investigated the abstractions involved in successfully loading an online assignment help service on a web browser on a client machine.
The focus was on how web browsers interact with the client operating system to communicate with servers and execute data received from that server.
- The study revealed how Application Binary Interfaces & Device Drivers interact with the operating system to allow software applications such as web browsers (websites, web applications, etc.) to access & utilize the hardware.
How browsers, and through them, online Assignment Help services use the RAM, HDD & Processor to execute front-end code and connect with OS & network drivers at the kernel level to send data over the Internet—I came to know all of this and more through the training program.
To me, studying engineering broadened my knowledge base and my outlook. I became a bit wiser about the marvelous technologies around me, thanks to engineering.
Developing A Prosperous Career
Engineering is a broad field and plays a central role in bringing about far-reaching changes in almost every aspect of our society. From education & telecommunication to healthcare, defense & administration, engineers enjoy a wide variety of exciting career opportunities, where they get a chance to display their creativity, apply their problem solving skills and work with brilliant minds.
The following perks were indeed some added incentives for taking up engineering as a career.
Engineers are often in high demand, so they get to enjoy fantastic employment prospects. Some particular areas are in higher demand than others, such as electrical, electronics, software, industrial, etc.
If you too pursue an engineering career and put in some diligent effort, the knowledge acquired and the skills learned are bound to make you highly sought after by various employers and industries.
High-income potential– Graduate engineers can expect to earn an average salary of around $91010. With more experience, one can look forward to making between $163070 and $192110.
Road To An International Career– Skilled and capable Engineers get multiple opportunities to work overseas. As a result, they find ample opportunities to work on different kinds of projects, collaborate with talented contemporaries & learned minds, and explore the world.
With hard work and substantial experience, one can eventually work major multinational companies and innovative ventures that are set to change the world.
And, those were the three most significant why I chose engineering as my academic discipline. Studying engineering did not just expand my knowledge but also sharpened my critical reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills. So, I believe I made the right choice!
In today’s world, it would rather be foolery if you choose to sit back at home and simply read through the textbook pages. The world has come a long way with digital academic platforms changing the face of education. So, if you consider studying at home, then how about leveraging the potential of digital academic forums to ease your burden and carry out tasks seamlessly?
If you are new to this concept and wondering how to utilize the fullest potential of online assignment help assistance providers, here’s everything you need to know.
- Conduct a thorough background survey and figure out a couple of reliable names in this domain.
- Now, shortlist the ones that hold a good reputation in terms of timely solutions, non-plagiarized papers, student-friendly perks and discounts.
- Simply choose the platform that suits your niche best and sign up for academic assistance.
- Here, you can seek help for assignment stringencies, read through academic blogs and samples for free.
- Also, you get to use free tools such as plagiarism checker, word counter, paraphraser and the likes.
Thus, all in all, you get to enjoy comprehensive assistance from the comfort of your home. Isn’t it amazing? It truly is. So, the next time if you wonder, “Will my professor rate my paper well if I manage my studies from home?”, you know what you have to do.
Since you are in college, you should be learning more about scholarly topics, PhD journals and other research works. So, make it a point to stay updated with the latest research works and topics in your stream of specialization.
Well, here are a few suggested topics you may consider exploring.
- Are elderly people always correct in what they decide or advise?
- The global impact of the pandemic and what the future looks like?
- The odds of drug abuse? How to tackle the social evil and gift the young generation a new tomorrow?
- Critically analyze three protagonists and antagonists in Shakespearean plays
- What adversities are associated with childhood trauma and how does it affect the victims later during adulthood?
- Can raising the minimum wage help in economic development across struggling nations?
- How third world countries can prevent ecological catastrophes? Elaborate on the topic with relevant examples
You can keep an eye on more of such relevant research topics and explore their scholarly whereabouts while penning down the final matter.
So, refer to more of such insightful blogs and know how to carry out academic regularities even when colleges are closed. After all, if you are willing to gain knowledge for engineering techniques and develop the right insights into academics, no circumstances can stop you from achieving the same.
Cheers and Good Luck!
Author-Bio: Charles Dillinger is a technical writer and tutor at one of the USA’s largest assignment help services, MyAssignmenthelp.com. He aids students in solving the toughest electronics & electrical engineering problems and is a member of the company’s CV & CDR writing service.