Medical equipment includes every electrical and non-electrical device that is under usage in any medical process. And, also used to treat any person’s health problem. Before discussing the most common types of medical equipment that are available worldwide, we are going to talk about the ten most common equipment that must be available in every hospital in the world.
Ten Most Necessary Medical Equipment
- When dealing with patients who are in an emergency situation, the most important non-electrical device we need for transportation is a hospital stretcher.
- Utilized to transfer the patient from one place to the other.
- Without it, more time consumption for transportation, and a patient may bear severe consequences.
- These get restore and normalize the pumping of a human heart, especially in life-threatening situations such as tachycardia or cardiac arrhythmias.
- This tool must be available at every hospital as a backup.
- These machines are specially for the provision of a continuous supply of different gases to maintain the anesthesia level of a patient.
- Modern anesthesia machines equipped with other tools as well such as suction units, ventilators, and patient monitoring devices.
- When a patient receives treatment, his internal system takes time to normalize. In such situations, patient monitors are under observation to continuously track the medical condition of patients until they get normal.
- They are one of the most necessary pieces of equipment for a patient who has a medical history of any disease.
- These are under observation for the cleaning of different medical equipment. With the help of sterilizers, different bacteria, fungi, viruses, and all other entities present on medical equipment undergo sterilization.
- It works with the help of high-pressure steam gas.
EKG & ECG Machines:
- An electrocardiogram, also known as EKG is under observation to record and monitor the overall rhythm and pumping activity of the heart over a period of time. It is essential for heart patients.
- These comprise small tools such as sticks, scissors, etc. that are important to carry out any process on the patient.
Blanket & Fluid Warmers:
- Body temperatures maintained up to a certain level during different medical surgeries. That maintained temperature can cause post-surgery complications such as hypothermia, perioperative and prolonged hospitalization.
- The blanket is fluid warmers under usage to avoid such complications.
- Electrosurgical units utilized to coagulate, cut, alter, increase or limit the blood supply to different parts of the body during surgery.
- This is the most essential equipment to reduce blood loss during surgery.
- During surgeries, different levels of lighting are part of the requirement.
- To maintain that level, some specific surgical lights are under observation.
You can avail all that material by putting an online order on Kingyonmedical.com, which is a protective gowns supplier. The order usually within the time frame delivered.
Different Types of Medical Equipment
There is a long listing of different types of medical equipment. As the hospitals have to cater for every emergency, they need to have almost all kinds of equipment.
In some countries, it is mandatory for hospitals that they cannot deny the provision of treatment to any patient due to the unavailability of any medical equipment.
That’s why it is necessary to keep at least the main types of medical equipment. Below, we are going to discuss which equipment is important and for what purpose it is underutilization.
Diagnostic equipment is any equipment that is under proper usage for the only purpose of diagnosing the patient’s condition.
That means they are underutilization to find the reason behind the sickness of the patient. Based on the medical condition of patients described by them and the concerned doctor, different specific tools are always under observation to evaluate the internal medical condition of the patients.
The doctor or the technical person will analyze the result of the tests performed to find out the cause behind the abnormal condition of the patients.
Below we have mentioned some of the common types of diagnostic equipment used in different laboratories and medical clinics:
Medical Imaging Machines:
- These are types of machines that are under utilization to create visual representations of the human body’s interior.
- These images or visual representations are under observation for analysis before initiating any medical intervention.
- Types of medical imaging equipment include computed tomography – CT scan, X-ray machine also known as radiography, MRI Scan – magnetic resonance imaging, echocardiography, ultrasound, and a few more.
Besides these medical imaging machines, there are also a few other types of equipment that are under observation for diagnostic purposes.
Names of a few of them include stethoscopes – used in the equipment to measure blood pressure levels, oximetry – used to calculate blood oxygen saturation percentage, etc.
Durable Medical Equipment – DME:
This type of medical equipment is under observation in different medical conditions for the provision of therapeutic benefits.
However, these devices cannot be in use without the prescription of a physician.
In addition to that, these devices are under utilization for medical purposes. Moreover, it is generally under usage for long-term purposes at hospitals and at home.
Some of the most common variants in these devices are the following.
- Electrical wheelchairs
- Manual wheelchairs
- Hospital Beds
- Traction Equipment
- Crutches & canes
- Insulin Pumps
- Pressure Mattress
- Breast Pumps
- Medical Lights
- Oxygen Concentrators
- Portable Oxygen Tanks
- Stationary Oxygen Tanks
The term DURABLE known by the fact that these devices are under observation for a long time, and patients are relying primarily on them while using them.
The comfort and safety of the patient are the main focus of the design of these devices. And, these devices are under observation according to the world standards of patient safety and comfort.
The most common feature of these devices is load-bearing. The good thing with these devices, in some countries, is that health insurance provides the expenses to acquire these devices.
The reason behind that is the prescription by the technician.
This equipment includes any device that is underuse by medical staff to treat a patient. They are usually up to date in technology and designed to address the abnormalities in patients.
These devices aid in the treatment of affected organs and tissues. The surgical supplies designed to use the provision of certain treatments are also part of the type of treatment devices.
Most common examples of these devices used in different hospitals, clinics, and at home:
- These types of devices are as treatment equipment in a hospital setting. Designed in a way to infuse fluids, medications, and some other forms of the circulatory system of the patient. This machine is among the most reliable machines because it secrets fluids in a very controlled way. The time period for secretion of fluids is also on the machine.
Lasik Surgical Machines:
- The Lasik technology is underutilization to treat eye short-sightedness and long-sightedness. With this treatment, a person gets rid of the optical glasses forever.
- The diseases that are under treatment by Lasik include Hyperopia, Myopia, and Astigmatism.
- This is the revolutionary technology in the medical arena. This is under usage for the treatment of different medical conditions.
- This device works on the principle of a wavelength of electromagnetic radiation. Due to different radiations emission, treatment of medical abnormalities are usually at the rate of completion.
The different laser devices used to treat medical abnormalities include the following:
- Surgical Caps
- Diagnostic Scopes
- Medical Glasses
- Drapes & Gauze
Life Support Equipment
As the name suggests, these devices are under usage to save the life of critically ill patients. These devices are under usage to give artificial support to different organs of the patient.
For example, a patient’s heart is weak to pump. He or she will have an artificial pumping battery installed in the body, which is responsible to strengthen the heart to pump the blood in the body.
Without these devices, it would be so difficult for different organs to work on their own. There is a huge variety in these devices, and they are the most common and most used devices in the medical field.
Some of these devices are in the description below:
- These devices also known as cardiopulmonary bypass or CB devices. These devices are responsible for working in the body as a substitute for the heart or lungs.
- In addition to that, they are sometimes responsible for the heart pumping and supplying oxygen to the different organs of the body.
- This type of pumping normally referred as extracorporeal circulation.
- Medical ventilators are under usage to work as artificial lungs for the body. They are responsible for breathing in and out.
- Doctors also use ventilators as helping machines for those patients who cannot wholly breathe on their own. In addition to that, patients who are facing difficulty in breathing, suffering from lung diseases can also use medical ventilators.
There are two types of ventilators. One known as a hand-operated ventilator, using the bag valve technology. Whereas, the other one is an automatic ventilator.
The computer automatically uses and adjusts it.