Building Information Modeling (BIM) is touching new heights of success and is delivering designs and building projects globally. However, in the context of the work, it is the team who is putting efforts into providing efficient integration of BIM with Facility Management (FM) systems.
Contents hide1 This step is yet to be achieved. Based on the report and research it is found that the accurate integration of FM systems requires a precise as-built BIM model. These BIM models at the time of delivery are not required as a part of the contracts and project deliverables.2 All the data the team has is in the form of 2D drawings, sketches, or scratches with the project specifications.3 (1) Available Set of As-Built Data
This step is yet to be achieved. Based on the report and research it is found that the accurate integration of FM systems requires a precise as-built BIM model. These BIM models at the time of delivery are not required as a part of the contracts and project deliverables.
Here the reason that comes out for the delay is that yet there are stakeholders and owners of the projects. They are not so familiar and known with the benefits of BIM and its offerings. This is why it is difficult to create/obtain proper as-builts of the existing buildings and the plants. The level of work increases when the team finds it more difficult to work because there is no design available in the 3D BIM model of the existing building.
All the data the team has is in the form of 2D drawings, sketches, or scratches with the project specifications.
The integrated technology of BIM-FM systems offers proper and significant data. That are beneficial for the owner and the stakeholders of the project for better visualization and maintenance. The team here can check the data and details on the virtual environment and it is quite accessible to maintain them in the spaces.
Outsourcing companies across the globe understand the process and details of the project and based on the need and requirement share their views and outcome. Here with the use of the latest forms of tools and technologies the team delivers the project with 100% confidence and detail. All necessary changes and feedback are virtually monitored and in the virtual environment.
Here while working on a project with the use of BIM Services, the team also integrates the stages of using Scan to BIM services in the form of work linked with the project outcome.
Today, the discussion is on the scan to BIM. What was known as a profitable process is the current construction sector and how it is waiting for its details.
(1) Available Set of As-Built Data
The work of as-built data acquisition means capturing the real-time shape and structure of the existing building and sharing the data with the client. Here the data sharing format is in point cloud form. It helps capture millions of small data single form that delivers accurate information to the stakeholders on where and how the construction and rework of the structure are undertaken.
The present form of acquiring as-built data includes on-site surveys, measurement of the area manually. And also surveying the area of the site, as-built approaches, and other such data acquisition. Although the entire process is time-consuming, error-prone, and not so frequent, taking an accurate decision and reliable outcome is always difficult here.
Recently with the undertaking of the newest forms of technologies. That outcome the team uses two different technologies to get the data of the structure in a much more accurate and precise manner. The form of technologies is photo/video Grammarly and terrestrial laser scanning.
Let us proceed further and check the scope of these two technologies and how they are shaping the construction industries in the future market.
Photo/ Video Grammetry Technology:
- The undertaking of the services is by the team to receive an accurate and data-driven 3D reconstruction model of the civil infrastructure. Here with the help of this technology the team can receive information either for under construction or in operation structure that is relevant to the project. In spite of the fact that this set of procedures is progressed. That appears an extraordinary sum of intrigue in data-scanning and determining 3D spatial information of the protest.
- While considering this technology the team of engineers can take the video of all the areas of the structure. Here there is a difference between these two processes of video and photogrammetry technology.
- The capturing of even the smallest set of data in the structure is in the form of geometric information of the object. Video geometry is triangulation where the points and areas in the space are being reconstructed from two mathematically converging lines. These lines obtained are from 2D locations of the points and the differences in the images and the area of the structure.
- Here to target the object of the structure these two technologies use as they deliver accurate and high-definition information that is best for the project.
Terrestrial Laser Scanning:
- Terrestrial laser scanning (TLS) also known as laser distance and ranging (LADAR) technology assists in gathering a 3D set of information. That is on the surface that targets the area of the object and the site. It shares the virtual data of the object visibly that derives from surface and laser scanning views.
- The intensity of the services is so proven that delivers the set of knowledge that makes the project a success and acquires the range of information and points. Also, the art of this service is to get the best spatial information from the construction point of view. The stakeholder of the project demand to have surface-based information. That shares the phases of the area with sufficient texture and faster measurement of 3D points.
- The many characteristical features of the TLS services share multiple sets of data measurements that are considered as the project’s base. Further, the survey report held with this technology is the newest form of getting information on the project. Here the team of engineers and modelers uses these two techniques to get information on the structure. The site to ensure getting the best services for the long-term project process
(2) Using 3D Modeling Technologies:
The art of using 3D Modeling technologies helps receive the set of data that is best for the project outcome and shares even the smallest information that is needed for the work. Here the art of scan to BIM helps get the details and implement the input of the model. That is further being semi-automated. The state of this technique is defined in multiple stages and the details for the same are mentioned below.
- To check the details of the project, the team must have a proper experimental setup. The setup helps deliver the information that is best for the project and is accurate with the need and requirements of the work. The team evaluates the proper process in a well-defined manner that is the best suited for the project.
- Outsourcing companies across the globe initiate this stage of the work. So that they can receive the accurate details of the project that are best for them. Also, with the details shared the stakeholders of the project get the data with utmost care and precision.
Trimble Real Works
- It is the software that helps capture the real-time details of the project which is the core necessity of the stakeholders of the project. This technology is best for evaluating project details and getting project reports. All point cloud collects data that is best for projects with the market scope and a good rate of processing.
- There is always a need to have a performance report of the project as that is the core need for the owners of the project. The Outsourcing companies make sure that they have a proper project comparison report, so if you have to make any changes, the team can work on them and make changes.
Clear Edge 3D view
- The art of Point cloud to 3D BIM Services is to get a 3D view of the project. Here once the team receives the 3D view of the project the stakeholder of the project. That gets the details of how the construction would be looking before the actual work starts. Hence, it is a great stage of work and detail.
- The geosystem of the project requires at every stage of the project. These details the natural reason to have a proper outcome of the project is a mandated thing.
- geological stages the team uses the technology that is best for the market and project.
The article put light on some key details of the future construction industry. The team uses the latest form of technology. Details can deliver the project details within the current market trends and processes. Following these stages and processes put the project in a state that is best for the entire construction sector.
Related blog: Hike in BIM software demand in the construction industry