Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is amongst the leading accounting software. It assists you in managing all the financial information and enables you to create invoices, balance sheets, and bills efficiently. But, all these features may include a standstill if you encounter a company file error in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 6175,0 is one error that QuickBooks encounters while setting up multi-user access to a company file. For example, an error message pops on your screen “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.” This article will explore the possible causes and significant troubleshooting steps to help you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175,0. So, read along!
Are you annoyed with the QuickBooks Error 6175, 0? Please speak to our customer executive by dialing our Toll-Free Number 1.800.579.0391.
What Cause Error Code 6175 In QuickBooks?
61XX errors are pretty common in QuickBooks. You may encounter this issue if you damage the company file. QuickBooks user needs quickbooksDB service to host a company file in a multi-user environment. For example, you may come across the QB Desktop error 6175 when the firewall application installed on your system restricts QuickBooks Database service to run on Windows. Sometimes, installing antivirus and website blockers triggers Error code 6175,0 to appear in QuickBooks Desktop. Here, we have brought up some of the common reasons that are responsible for QuickBooks Error 6175:
- The Server that shares your data with other workstations in the network is not responding.
- The Firewall has blocked access to the company file on the Server.
- You might have installed the Cyber sitter software on the computer.
- QuickBooks Database service is in an inactive state.
NOTE: At times, you may find different variations of this error with an error message “QuickBooks is trying to approach the company file, but the database server is not responding Error Codes: (-6175, 0).” If you are locating for a quick fix, follow the solution listed below to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6175:
How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6175?
Before you begin to fix the 6175, 0 Error in QuickBooks, you must consider some essential points that we have mentioned below:
- Being a QuickBooks user, you must ensure using an account with administrative rights on Windows.
- Additionally, you must update the QuickBooks Desktop installed on the Server as per the latest version.
Recommended to Read: QuickBooks Won’t Open
Troubleshooting Step 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- At first, you need to download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then, go to your computer’s Downloads folder and double click qbfd.exe file for installation.
- Next, you have to follow the instructions displayed on your computer screen to finish the installation process.
- If the application does not start independently, you need to double click on the green color icon of QuickBooks File Doctor available on the desktop to start the application.
- then, click on the Browse key and locate your company file. Now, select the company file and click on, Open.
- Then, you need to select both options of file damage and network connectivity.
- Whenever prompted, enter the administrator password required for the application and click Next.
- If you perform the troubleshooting on the Server, select HOST/Server, or choose Workstation.
- Then, you will see that the application will start repairing the company file and network errors.
- Once the repair process completes exit QB File Doctor and open QuickBooks again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Set up Multi-User Access in QuickBooks Desktop
- In the first location, you have to click on the Switch to Multi-User Mode option available under the File tab in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, click Yes on the Hosting Setup window.
- Now, click OK on the Multi-user setup information window.
- Under the Company tab, click on Setup Users and Passwords.
- To proceed further, set up Users and then select Add Users.
- At last, you must enter the user’s correct information that needs access to the company file.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Assign Administrative Rights to QBDataServiceUser
- To begin, you need to first exit the QuickBooks Desktop application on your system.
- Then, simultaneously press Windows + R keys on your keyboard and type Control Panel.
- Next, press the Enter key and select User Accounts.
- Now, click on the option, and manage another account.
- After that, double click QBDataServiceUser (QuickBooks Version).
- Further, click on the Change Account Type option and select Administrator.
- At last, click Change Account Type and exit Control Panel.
QuickBooks requires the QBDBMgrN.exe process to host the company file in a multi-user environment. Therefore, you need to assure that this process is running in the background of the computer. To verify, simultaneously press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard and select Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, you will find the process. If you don’t see the QBDBMgrN.exe, under the methods, we suggest you follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the process for troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6175.
- Simultaneously, press Windows + R keys on your keyboard and type services. msc.
- Now, press the Enter key.
- Further, click on QBDBMgrN.exe in the list of services.
- Finally, click on the Restart option available on the left side of the panel.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Add QuickBooks Processes to your Antivirus and Firewall’s Exclusion list.
It is not convenient to list a single method to add QuickBooks to the exclusion list of every security application as each of them has a different interface and settings. However, it will be simple for you to find the locations in your security application for adding QuickBooks to the exclusion list.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Application
Have you tried the troubleshooting methods mentioned above and are still struggling to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6175? Then, we suggest you perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application on your Server. Before you begin to implement the re-installation process, you must ensure to take a backup of your company file at a safe location.
- To begin the re-installation process, navigate to the Control Panel and double-click the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, follow the instructions displayed on your screen to remove QuickBooks from the computer.
- Next, you need to download and install the correct version of the QuickBooks Desktop from the Download Page.
- From the Downloads of your computer, double click on the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions prompted on your screen to continue the installation process.
- When the installation process finishes, set up QuickBooks to host the company file in Multi-User mode.
Need Expert’s Advice!
Few errors such as QuickBooks Error 6175 and some related errors that occur while hosting a company file in multi-user mode require multiple troubleshooting steps for a resolution. We understand how tedious and time-consuming it might turn for you to get rid of error 6175 from QuickBooks. So, for example, suppose you are tired of fixing it on your own and are looking for immediate assistance. after that, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts, who have years of experience in troubleshooting such errors with much ease. Dial our Customer Helpline Number 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended To Read: QuickBooks Error 20