Frizzy hair can be quite a nightmare. It looks unattractive and unruly and often leads to frizzies. Even worse, it is quite a hassle because of all the extra hair care that you have to do in order to keep it from frizzing. If your frizzy hair is caused by hair dryer or flat iron, you will want to know the best ways to restore smoothness and shine to frizzy hair. The steps below are simple and easy to follow.
Tips and Tricks
- If your hair has been damaged or cut, it will take longer for it to regain its original shape and beauty. It may take a few weeks or sometimes even months before your hair starts to look like it did when it was still smooth and shiny. If your hair is damaged you will have to use protective products that help to keep water from evaporating from your hair. You can read more about how to tame frizzy hair overnight.
- Use a diffuser to disperse evenly heat so that the dry strands of hair do not become too hot while the wet strands become very cool. You can also try drying your hair with a towel instead of a blow dryer. Drying it on a towel allows some moisture to escape as well as allowing your hair to absorb the heat from the towel without becoming too hot. This is a simple solution that will help you achieve the look of shiny, glossy hair.
- Drink plenty of water. Your hair needs moisture just like the rest of your body. When you don’t get enough water or if you are not getting the right type of moisture, your hair can become dry and brittle. By drinking plenty of water you re-hydrate your hair and improve its condition. Water also helps to replace the moisture that your hair loses and it helps to protect your hair against the environmental elements such as hot and cold weather.
- Use conditioners that contain Vitamins A, B, C, and E. These vitamins deliver the right kind of moisture to your hair. However, if your hair is extremely oily, you may need to use products that have extra moisturizers to prevent the hair from becoming too greasy. Conditioners that contain silica and selenium also help to restore the shine to your hair. Silica and selenium improve the health of your hair by promoting cell division. This improves the condition of your hair follicles. These two ingredients work together to improve the strength and health of your hair.
- Avoid over-shampooing your hair. This will reduce the amount of moisture that is available in your hair and it will also cause your hair to become dry and brittle. Always make sure to apply a thin layer of shampoo to your tresses before going to bed. You can also choose to use a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair. Whichever way you choose to wash your hair, you should always make sure that you rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of shampoo or conditioner.
In short, these are the best ways to restore smoothness and shine to your frizzy hair. I hope that following this advice will help you achieve the smoothness and the shiny appearance that you’ve been searching for. Don’t forget that maintaining the health of your hair is as important as any other aspect of your health! By taking care of your hair, you are also taking care of your scalp and keeping your scalp healthy too!