QuickBooks is an accounting software program established by Intuit. It is widely used for a small, medium or a large-scale sized business. The good thing about the QuickBooks is that it comes with various advanced features which gives easy way to manage the accounting. This reduces our work stress and help to complete overloaded work in just a few minutes. No matter how good is this software, it is also prone to errors sometimes. From the past years, few users reported that they are facing few of technical errors while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks error code 6000 can occur when a user try to access or open the company file.
In this blog, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error code 6000 and others. Also, understand the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods for these -6000 series errors. However, you can also get instant help from well-qualified accounting experts of QuickBooks enterprise support team. All you need to dial 1-844-405-0907 to connect with a certified QuickBooks expert.
In this blog, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks error code 6000 and others. Also, understand the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods for these -6000 series errors. However, you can also get instant help from well-qualified accounting experts of QuickBooks enterprise support team.
What causes QuickBooks error code 6000?
The user can end up in such an error due to the below reasons:
- If in case the TLG file corrupted
- Another reason can be if the QuickBooks installation file is corrupted
- Moreover, if the firewall is blocking the connection
- Another reason can be if the company file is damaged
- Or if multiple users logged in the same company file using single user mode
- The network connection is incorrectly configured can also lead to such an error
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 & Others Explained
|Error -6176, 0||Firewall blocks the connection between two computers.|
|Error -6000, 107:||The .TLG file is corrupted.|
|QB Error -6000, 1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|Error -6010, -100
|A local computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|Error -6012, -1061
|Incorrect/Inaccurte network setup|
|Error -6129, -101||Wrong folder permission or the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|Error -6190, 816
|Any other user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.
There can also be a mismatch b/w the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|Error -6000, -832||When hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|Error -6144, -304
|When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|Error -6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|QB Error -6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file
If the Windows user account used by QBDM is damaged
|Error -6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|QB Error -6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally
|Error Code -6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
Steps to fix the error
The user can try performing the below steps to get rid of the error. The steps are related to copying the company file on desktop.
- The user will first have to open the folder which contains your company file
- And then look for the file with the extension of .QBW
- The next step is to get the right click on the file along with selecting the “Copy” icon.
- Right click the desktop and then select the “Paste” option
- The user will then have to hold the ctrl key and open QuickBooks to open the no company open window
- Once done with that click on the open icon or the restore option along with the existing company
- This would probably resolve the issue
Before you move to the solution part
Now that you know about the signs and causes of QuickBooks Error code 6000, you will be willing to know the solution of it. I mean, that’s the reason why you are reading this article, isn’t it? But before we take tell you all about the troubleshooting steps, lets us also tell you that updating QuickBooks and running the File Doctor tool can as well sometimes fix error 6000 and many other similar errors. So do it before you indulge into the tedious and time taking and you may save yourself some precious time.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
You can see the examples in the above tables to show that the accounting software can create a real glitch and the business suppose to remain intact. Suppose, if for one day or few hours this accounting software go through breakdown then, there are multiple problem that may comes up which will leads to numerous hassles. An efficient QuickBooks certified expert can only resolve this issue. At such time, the best way to deal with the situation is to take help from the QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors.
Note: Make sure that the QuickBooks application is running at latest updated version. We suggest you to download, install, and run the QuickBooks File Doctor before following the instructions given in the steps below. If you still encounter the same issue even after using the File Doctor tool, then apply the following solutions in the sequence as it is mention.
The QuickBooks error code 6000 and others can arise on both local & network setup. Choose the proper setup from the following options to perform the recommended steps correctly.
Condition 1: You are Opening the QuickBooks file locally
It simply implies that you are accessing/opening the QuickBooks Company file that is saved on the same machine where QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND & .TLG files:
The .ND and .TLG where the files are part of the QuickBooks which gets installed along with access of files in either a network or the multi-user environment helps in removing the glitches with the software.
If the files get corrupted or damaged along with the errors and opening of the QB files with no such cause to happen where re-scan or using the QuickBooks with the files which automatically.
Solution 2: Opening a sample company file
Open a sample company files with the testing if the problem lies with the company file along with the QuickBooks application. The sample company file does not open along with the error which indicates that the QuickBooks installation and gets damaged along with getting repaired.
If we understand the QuickBooks along with the installation and damage then the indication of repairing the file could be done in the following ways:
- In the ‘No Company Open’ window, select the “Open a sample file” icon and then choose any form with the list of sample company files.
Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks File on the desktop
By copying the file on the desktop and opening it with testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens and it gets saved on the desktop and the location gets probably damaged or it either gets “too deep” and it also exceeds the file system with the path limitation:
If the file still didn’t open after changing it’s location, it is possible the file is damaged. Follow the given steps then:
- Open the folder which contains your company file
- Find the file with the extension of .QBW
- Get the right click on the file along with selecting the “Copy” icon. Get on the desktop with the right click & getting anywhere on the desktop, and then select the “Paste” option
- While holding down the control key, along with opening QuickBooks so you gets directed to the “No Company” no open window
- Click the “Open” icon or the restore along with the existing company. It is just a navigating on the desktop along with the company file when it gets copied or left open
Solution 4: Restore a backup
If the company file did not open even when it was moved to a different location, then a person can restore a backup copy of the company file to check if the problem is with the current company file (.QBW).
If you are experiencing trouble while restoring the backup follow the given steps below:
- First of all ensure that your computer is not hosting.
- Open company file.
- Find the file with the “Menu” option; choose the “utilities” tab.
- If the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” is listed:
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” option.
- In the Stop hosting multi-user access windows, select the “YES” tab.
- In the company file must be closed windows, click the “YES” tab.
YOU MAY ALSO READ : LIVE ELEMENT FROM THE PRICE
Were you able to deal with the error using the set of steps we have listed above? Well, if not then we can help you out in that case as well. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks support professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services immediately. In case you need our assistance at any point in time, then contact us using our support number i.e., + 1(844)405-0907, and we will help you to deal with it.