Users often need to print a particular invoice or transaction while using QuickBooks. But what if printing leads you to an issue? QuickBooks Error 20 is one of the such problem. It is a kind of issue that arises when the user attempts to print a document or invoice. Usually, the printer being inactive leads to this issue, but there are many other causes.
In this blog, we will help you to learn about the causes and how to fix QuickBooks error 20. This problem is similar to QB Printer Error Code 30, but its solutions are different. Our experts have extensive experience in handling various kinds of bugs. Thus, we can provide you with verify solutions that will work for you and improve your accounting experience.
Chief Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 20
When this issue comes up, either a dialogue box or message displays on the screen that says QuickBooks error 20 printers not activated. During times like these, the user does not require panic. All you have to do is consult a professional.
Let’s learn about the actual reasons why this problem occurs: –
- When the user makes use of QB in a 64-bit form.
- When the user upgrades the PDF converter to the latest version by using windows update.
- Introducing QB 2018 or 2019 or any other version on a similar computer system.
- Attempting to install operating system update by making use of the service offered by Microsoft Windows.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Techniques to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 20
There are a lot of ways to resolve QuickBooks error 20 from your system. Some of the most effective techniques for resolving this issue are given below: –
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks Once Again
- From the Control Panel, look for the Programs section.
- You will find a clickable option called ‘Uninstall a Program’ below Programs, click on it, and look for QB.
- Click on it then click on Uninstall from the menu list.
- Once done, you require installing the program again.
- After the installation process is fully complete, check the printer.
- Try to give the print command, and hopefully, QuickBooks error code 20 will no longer exist.
Solution 2: Generate a Registry Backup
- Open your software and click on the Registry Editor.
- Now, you need to click on Export from the File menu and then save.
- The afterward step is to create or generate a point of system restoration.
- From the start menu, look for System Restore.
- As soon as you click, an option to create a restore point will appear. Click “Protection Settings” and enable them on your Local C Disk.
- Numerous times the function is disabled, then you must click on Configure
- Use Apply All after making the changes in the Settings and then finally click OK.
Solution 3: Turn on the Permissions of Registry Editor
- Type ‘Regedit on the Start Menu. this is the short form for Registry Editor.
- When it appears on screen, don’t press Enter; instead, right-click on it.
- Now, from the list, you should choose “Run as admin.”
- Look for the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder; there, you need to find the software folder.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and tap on Permissions.
- A new window will pop-up, where you have to verify Full Control is given to users or not.
- Now, you must click on OK and close down the Registry Editor.
Solution 4: Repair or Renovate the QB Print File
- In your system’s disk drive area, insert the 20xx Disk.
- After that, press the windows icon and R alphabet key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Now, in the Run tab, it is needed to type appwiz.cpl
- Look for QB 20xx and make use of the steps and instructions given on the screen.
- The repairing process will now initiate or start.
- Switch off and start your computer again after the process finishes.
- Repairing generally resolves the QuickBooks error code 20 problem. But it doesn’t; you can check out the next technique.
Solution 5: Repair and Adjust the Microsoft Document Writer
- Select the Properties option after right-clicking the QB icon on the Windows desktop.
- You will spot an option called Find Target. Click on that option once you see it. (Instead of Find Target option, Open File Location is visible on some programs)
- Now, click two times on the Install Application, which will begin the process of PDF Converter.
- Click OK as soon as the process ends or concludes.
- Now, from the Start Menu, you require to go to the Search or Run area.
- There is an option called control printers, and you need to open that by using the Run option.
1. If you are a user of Windows 7 , Right-click on the Document Converter followed by clicking on Properties.
2. If you are a Windows XP or Vista user, you have to click on the Document Converter and select the Rename option.
- You have to check which version of QB you use and then Enter the correct name in the format given below and then Enter:
1. PDF Converter: QuickBooks 2017, 2018
2. PDF Converter 3.0: QuickBooks 2017, 2018
Solution – 6 Close your final draft:
For Windows 8 or above
- Click on the start button or windows icon, which one display on your screen
- Click on right-click on the Final Draft9/Draft8
- Then choose the run as an administrator
For Windows 7 or lower
- in windows 7, go to the windows icon, then go to the program tab
- Click the Final Draft9/Final Draft 8
- Then run as an administrator
- Now try again to save your document in PFG format. now you can save your script in PDF format
These are some of the best and most effective ways by which you can resolve QuickBooks Error 20. If, by any chance, you find it challenging to understand the solutions mentioned above, you can contact our team.
Our team consists of eligible and well-trained professionals who can solve all kinds of issues quickly. You may reach us by calling us at 1.800.579.0391 or by using the live chat option given on our website.
Keep getting error 20 in QuickBooks, PDF creation problem on QuickBooks 2008 on Windows 7, Printer not activated error code -20 while printing PDF, Printer not activated error code 20, QuickBooks activation error 20, QuickBooks error code 20 when printing pdf, QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error 20, Unable to convert pdf getting error code -20, Windows 10 with QuickBooks Pro pdf converter error 20