A detailed analysis of the QuickBooks Error Code 3371.
Today, everything is driven by technology, including the field of accountancy. Also, it is required to simplify things as much as possible, even in bookkeeping, as it is hard to understand the financial know-how of commoners. Hence, QuickBooks has offered user-friendly financial software that has helped people to maintain their accounts easily. To sum it up, QuickBooks has many benefits to offer.
However, it too has many drawbacks. Even though QB is available in multiple versions for different needs, it has lots of bugs as well. These bugs, known as QuickBooks errors, can show up anytime during installation, reinstallation, or up-gradation of the software. One of these errors is the QuickBooks Error Code 3371, which can pop up anytime and interrupt the smooth workflow.
What Do We Mean By QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
The QuickBooks installer error code 1935 or similar bug, QuickBooks Error Code 3371 may show up whenever the QB user is setting up their company file for the first time. Otherwise, during the reconfiguration of the desktop, this issue may occur. If the entitlement file gets damaged, which has license properties, the error message will be as follows:
[Error 3371, StatusCode -11118]: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Many other error messages of a similar type may show up on the screen. Whenever the license data isn’t valid, you will be viewing this error. With this error message on the screen, the user is unable to establish and sync license property every time they open the application.
Why Would The QuickBooks Error Code 3371 show up?
One must note that Intuit has made it mandatory to keep license information saved in the hard drive of the user. If this file data is damaged or corrupted, then this issue will show up. Apart from that, whenever the user is trying to clone the C drive data to another disk, this issue will arise. Hence, it is of utmost necessity to retype the entire license info and get this issue resolved ASAP.
Many reasons give rise to QuickBooks Error Code 3371 and a similar error, the QuickBooks installer error code 1935. Here are the following reasons you need to look out for:
- The QBregistration file, also known as the license information file is an essential file and the user must have it in a system all the time. Whenever you open this application, Intuit will look for this file. However, if this file is either misplaced or damaged, the QB desktop will not open.
- MSXML is an important component in Microsoft windows. QuickBooks uses this component of windows to actively run on the system. It also needs the QBregistraton.Dat file that lets the QB open up easily. In any case, if this component is missing, damaged, or obsolete, the accounting software may not run at all, and show up as QuickBooks Error Code 3371.
- The QuickBooks installer error codes 1935 and 3371 show up due to restrictions put by the antivirus. Also, the windows OS might be outdated.
Method 6 – Reinstall your graphics driver
If the error is related to a bad graphics driver, you can do the following:
- Open your device manager, locate the graphics driver
- Right-click on the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer
Method 7 – IE Related Runtime Error
If the error you are getting is related to Internet Explorer, you can do the following:
- Reset your browser.
- For Windows 7, you can click Start, go to Control Panel, and then click Internet Options on the left side. Then you can click on the Advanced tab and then on the Reset button.
- For Windows 8 and 10, you can click Search and type Internet Options, then go to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Disable script debugging and error notifications.
- In the same Internet Options window, you can go to the Advanced tab and search for Disable script debugging
- Check the radio button
- At the same time, uncheck the item “Show a notification for each script error”, then click Apply and OK, then restart your computer.
If these quick fixes don’t work, you can always back up the files and run the repair reinstall on your computer. However, you can do it later when the solutions listed here didn’t do the job.
You may also read: QuickBooks installer error code 1935