QuickBooks Search is an integrated feature in QB accounting software that empowers its users to explore everything available on the internet without closing the application. If your “QuickBooks Search not Working,” you are at the correct place now. Here we’ll discuss the possible causes of this error and learn some techniques to deal with this error elegantly. Due to this error, users become unable to search for anything that they want. When the QB users enter something to search, then no results appear in front of them. So let’s explore this irritating glitch and know how to get rid of it.
QuickBooks search might freeze sometimes or doesn’t work properly. It makes users unable to find files, clients, transactions, and other data. This problem may be quite frustrating, but don’t panic. In case of facing this kind of issue, go ahead step by step so that users can settle the error QuickBooks Search not working easily.
NOTE: QuickBooks user can save their time by getting personalized help from our QB technical experts. They only need to dial our technical support number +1(800) 314-0226.
Why is the QuickBooks search not working?
- Using an improper method for installing QuickBooks updates.
- Any registry bug in Windows OS can crop up this error code.
- The windows firewall program might be interrupting the software.
- If you installed any third-party QuickBooks.
- Corrupted Searchindex in Quickbooks.
Solutions to handle QuickBooks search function not working
If you face your QuickBooks desktop search not working, go through the below-listed troubleshooting methods and overcome this error with ease.
It is a bothersome situation when your QuickBooks search feature doesn’t work. It may cause the software to hang when the bug takes place. The search bar is a very useful utility to search any QB-related feature or banking transaction. To deal with the “QuickBooks search not working” error, you can read this article.
Solution 1: Give a new name to the QuickBooks Search Index file
When the QuickBooks online search not working error arrives, there might infection with the search index file. By giving a new name to this file, you can eliminate the issue.
- First, you will need to close QuickBooks and go to the Windows Start button.
- Carefully, type *.SearchIndex in the text box and hit Enter.
- It will open up the QuickBooks company files folder location where you have to find the qbw.SearchIndex Folder,
- At the end of this folder name, include “.old” to rename it.
- Save the changes and reopen the QB Desktop.
- Now, click on the search icon tab available at the top-left corner of the page.
- Next, make a click on Update Search Information.
- After that, please wait and click on OK when the process gets completed.
Verify if the QuickBooks pro search not working error is solved. If not, go to the next troubleshooting.
Solution 2: Perform a QuickBooks Reinstallation
Execute a complete QuickBooks Desktop reinstallation process using the QB clean install tool. It will refresh the software and remove any erroneous behavior of the software effectively. If the QuickBooks Search Not Working 2018 is still there, then move to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 3: Turn off Windows Firewall for a short time
- To bypassing QB from being considered by the windows firewall, go to the start button.
- Then, launch the Control panel >>> click on the firewall option and turn it off.
- Once you have successfully disabled the firewall, try opening QuickBooks and search something into it.
When your QuickBooks search function is not working, you’ll be unable to find anything in the software effortlessly. However, several factors may cause the glitch related to the QuickBooks search feature that you can check below-
- If there is any kind of error found with the Windows registry, the QuickBooks search will be unable to work.
- The windows firewall may also become a barrier in QB working due to security concerns.
- Using QuickBooks’ outdated version can also lead to this technical difficulty.
- If the QuickBooks Search Index file has been damaged, the QB search doesn’t work.
Due to the above reasons, QuickBooks search not working error may hinder your working process. To talk with QB support
After troubleshooting this error, you can completely overcome the QuickBooks search not working issue. If you come across any other difficulty or you are still confronting the same problem, you have the right to communicate with our experienced QuickBooks Support team at +1(800) 314-0226 to destroy the bug from the root.
Users have reported many times that whenever they click to open the company file or QB report, they often get Error C=184 in QuickBooks. So we have described in this blog the most prominent methods to get rid of this error permanently.