QuickBooks company file is a data file that contains all the accounting information you enter into the software. Data of each organization is a vital thing that should be with backup and protection. Still, many failures can affect this company file. Generally, “QuickBooks Error 6000 305” outlines that the error has affected the company file badly. In most instances, there is either a connectivity concern or the company file might be corrupted. To repair the company file and ultimately resolve the error code 305 in QuickBooks, you can go through the following solutions described in this blog.
Note: Users who feel difficulty resolving this frustrating glitch can directly communicate with QuickBooks technical experts by dialing +1(800) 314-0226 (Toll-free).
How To Rectify Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 305?
We have listed some troubleshooting solutions below that you can consider to deal with QuickBooks Error Code 6000 305.
Fix 1: Update QuickBooks Application
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, make a click on Update Now available at the top right corner.
- Put a checkmark on Reset Update, then click on Get Updates
- After completing updating process, close QuickBooks
Fix 2: Download and Run File Doctor Tool
- Download QB Tools Hub and go to your downloads page directly by pressing CTRL+J.
- From your download list, hit a click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- To allow this app to run, click Yes.
- Then click on Next to install it after accepting the license agreement.
- Click on Next > Install (It may take some time).
- Once the installation process is complete, hit the Finish button.
- Click twice on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Go to the Company File Issues tab and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Check for the error status. If solved, continue your work, and if not, move to the below troubleshooting method.
Fix 3: Rename the .ND and .TLG Files
- Open the location where your company file stores C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\CompanyFile [Default Location]
- Find the files that integrate ‘.ND’ and ‘TLG’ extensions.
- One by one, do a right-click on these files and select Rename.
- Add “.OLD” at the end of the filename.
- For Example– CompanyName.qbw.ND to CompanyName.qbw.ND.OLD and CompanyName.qbw.TLG to CompanyName.qbw.TLG.OLD
- To confirm, click Yes.
Fix 4: Copy the company files to another location
- Do a right-click on the blank desktop screen and move the cursor to New > Folder.
- Open your existing company file location.
- Make a right-click on the company file that is showing an error while opening and select Copy.
- Now, open the New Folder and paste the file by pressing (Ctrl+V).
- Keep the Ctrl key hold and open QuickBooks. Do not leave the Ctrl key until you notice
- No Company Open Window on your screen.
- Click on the Open or Restore an Existing Company option.
- Select Open a company file > Next
- Browse to the recently moved file from the new folder and click Open.
- If the file is still not opening, please continue further with the next step.
Fix 5: Restore the Backup Company File
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop app.
- Again keep the Ctrl key hold and open QuickBooks. Do not leave the Ctrl key until you
- notice No Company Open Window on your screen.
- Next, click on Open or repair an existing company.
- Select Restore a backup copy and then Next.
- After all, wait for the restoring process to get complete.
Fix 6: Download and Run QBDB Server Manager
- Download QB Tools Hub from the official website of QuickBooks and press CRTL + J tO move to your downloads.
- From the downloads section, run the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file.
- Click Yes to permit the file.
- By clicking on Next, accept the license agreement.
- After that, install the software. It may take a few mins.
- Once the installing the app on your computer, click on Finish.
- Then open the QB Database Server Manager.
- Locate to the Network Issues tab, and hit a click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Scan the Company File Location:-
- Go to the Scan Folders tab, and click on Browse.
- Pick the folder that keeps all the company files (.QBW files)
- At the end of the process, click on OK > Start Scan.
Fix 7: End the running QuickBooks tasks from Task Manager
- Log in as a system admin.
- Press simultaneously- Ctrl+Shift+Esc to initiate task manager.
- Press Q to highlight the process that includes the Q letter.
- After that, select QB processes, such as QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe, then click on End Task.
- Lastly, open the QB Company File.
Just like other software, QuickBooks is also prone to several technical difficulties. QuickBooks Error Code 6000 305 is reported by many QB users in community discussions. This bug basically shows up while opening the company file. Just because of this failure, the user will not be able to read/write the company file, and the entire work will surely get hindered.
When the users attempt to open the company file, they would immediately come across QuickBooks Search Not Working, and there might occur a problem in opening up their company files. When you face such errors in QuickBooks, the first thing to do is not to be panic. This error can happen when various users are working into the same company file simultaneously, It can be very much frustrating and being QuickBooks professionals, we know this thing.
The above troubleshooting steps can resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 305. However, if you are stuck due to any difficulty, we suggest you look for assistance from the QuickBooks support team by dialing toll-free +1(800) 314-0226. Our experts are well-trained and experienced, and they will provide you a practical and quick solution to your problems related to QuickBooks.