There may come a time when you are trying to connect your Roku to the internet and you are unable to find the remote or your Roku remote is not working. Well, that may seem just like the end of the world but is not. You would have to make sure that if your device is connected to the same network as the smartphone, then you can easily connect Roku to WiFi without the help of the remote.
You will be able to turn your Roku mobile app into the Roku remote, till you find your remote. There are some steps involved with the help of which you will be able to connect your Roku to the WiFi without the help of the remote.
What you are going to need is the two mobile devices with the help of which you will be able to accomplish the task of connecting and navigating the Roku remote. It is a quick and simple process. It is very important that when you are going to follow this process, you must know the name and the password of the device.
You would also have to install the Roku mobile app, could in Android, or in iOS. You need to install the app on both smartphones. Make sure that both of the phones have hotspot access before you are going to proceed. There may be a chance where you might need to use mobile data instead.
One of the devices is going to be used for the mobile hotspot and the other one will be used as the remote.
How to Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote:
There will be some users who might be looking to find it on their own. What they can do is follow the steps that are mentioned below in order to their Roku won’t Connect to WiFi.
There is sometimes a situation where the Roku will not accept the invitation. After this, your Roku won’t be able to work properly. This is the time when you are going to have to change the IP address. This is because when you are connecting your Roku with WiFi you will be easily able to operate your Roku device.
Here are some of the steps through which you will be able to connect Roku with WiFi
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the Roku main menu and then go to the settings.
- Here, you need to look for the networking option.
- When you enter the submenu option, you will see the about option.
- Here you will be able to find Roku’s address easily.
How to connect on Roku tv without a Remote?
This might be possible when you do not have access to the Roku menu. This might happen when you are going through the process of troubleshooting. But you do not need to worry as you’ll be able to connect the Roku with the WiFi in other ways as well.
There are various other ways that also depend on your router. Most of the routers are going to allow you to see the name of the device but not all of them. This is the process of how to Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote.
Here are some of the steps on how you will be able to do this:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the application program of selection. After that go to the Router’s admin interface. That is always present at the Router’s IP address.
- It depends on your router where or not you are going to see the inventory of all the devices connected. Otherwise, the other way is by logging in with the router and then visiting the standard pages. These pages will have all the affiliation information.
- If You are not able to find it, then do not worry as it is not a big deal. You can easily find it when you have got the whole MAC address. This is the technique where you can connect Roku with WiFi.
If you are unable to connect the Roku with the WiFi, then get in touch with the official Roku support as they’re going to help you out.