Healthy Chocolate Cake Recipe For Birthdays
It is hard to come across healthy and tasty chocolate cakes. With birthdays lining up, you must be considering healthy alternatives. A birthday cake baking session is necessary. However, indulging in dollops of chocolate frosting and ganache is a pang of significant guilt for many. When you opt for cake delivery in Gurgaon, you need to make sure it is a diet version of the dessert or, else you need to bake a healthy cake yourself. Sure there are many cake recipes available online, but the key factor to consider here is the importance of how healthy this chocolate cake needs to be.
Unlike most birthday cake indulgences this chocolate cake recipe below will not make you feel nearly as guilty as the store-bought cakes. Now this recipe will contain sugar, but it will require less than half of what is used in most cakes. It really is way healthier than your average birthday cake.
The healthy chocolate birthday cake has the following “whole food” alternatives:
- Whole wheat flour (most people use “white” whole wheat flour because it’s lighter in texture than regular whole wheat flour but still has all the same nutritional goodness-all the fibre, “germ” with nutrients, etc.)
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Organic free-range eggs
- Extra virgin coconut oil
One tip to consider: by spiking the sweeteners with healthy “whole food” ingredients, such as nuts, fruit, whole grain flours, etc., you will be able to maintain the sweetness while concentrating on health. Suppose you, however, want the cake to be sweeter than the average natural sweetness of “whole food” ingredients. In that case, you can consider artificial sugar alternatives or diabetes sugar such as stevia, xylitol, erythritol, and yacon syrup. There are many natural sugar substitutes, too, such as maple syrup, molasses, and honey. If you are vegan, you can consider agave syrup too.
Chocolate cake recipe:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of premium quality espresso (instant)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 30 pitted prunes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil plus more for greasing pans
- 12 organic, free-range eggs
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon aluminium-free baking powder
- 1 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa
- 3 granny smith apple, unpeeled, finely chopped
- 1 cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with extra virgin coconut oil.
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and heat over medium-high. Add the instant espresso and chocolate chips stirring to blend all ingredients. When chocolate melts, add the prunes and reduce the heat to low. Gently cook for 1 minute to soften the prunes. Add the oil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set the mixture aside to cool.
- Place the eggs in a blender and process for 1 minute, or until pale yellow and frothy. Add the vanilla extract and chocolate-prune mixture; process for an additional minute, or until prunes are completely pureed.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa. Add the egg mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the chopped apples and pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the torte from the oven, immediately run a knife around the inside rim and set aside to cool. Set cakes on a wire rack and let cool for at least 2 hours before frosting.
This is an additional and optional segment. Frosting, in general, is considered unhealthy for consumption. This alternative though is healthier than most stores bought cakes but is still not the best healthy alternative.
- 1 cup organic grass-fed whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- Pour the whipping cream into a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks begin to form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and liqueur and beat for several more seconds.
Give this recipe a try and get the chance to gorge on the healthiest chocolate cake of all time!
Articles Theme for more latest updates about delicious cakes