The websites require content updates every now and then. But you cannot rely on developers to update and change content like images, videos, and texts on your web pages. However, a non-coder person cannot accomplish such tasks either. Therefore there are Content Management Systems— CMS.
A content management system (CMS) is a type of software that helps you manage the content of your website. It allows you to create and edit your site’s pages, posts, and other types of content. A CMS can be used to manage any kind of website, from small personal blogs to large corporate websites.
On the other hand, Laravel, which is one of the most popular PHP frameworks, is an open-source web application framework powered by expressive, elegant syntax. Its primary focus is on the power of expressive web applications. It provides a highly productive development environment, being easy to extend with additional features at the same time.
Besides being a lightweight and powerful web framework, the Laravel ecosystem offers excellent CMSs for efficient Laravel development. Laravel CMS is a great choice if you want to build your website from scratch or if you want to upgrade your existing site to make it faster, more secure, and more user-friendly.
So, are you ready? Let’s go!
Top-notch Laravel Content Management Systems for simple to complex websites
Sounding like a month’s name, the award-winning, self-hosted, and open-source October Content Management System is built on top of the PHP language and its Laravel framework. The CMS platform’s simplicity and user-friendly interface make it easier to create and manage your web content.
Moreover, October CMS is equipped with numerous features that make it ideal for small businesses, for example, e-commerce support, blogging, and contact forms. You can also find a range of themes and plugins that will help you give a unique look to your website. Therefore, many developers recommend October’s extensible platform CMS, especially when you want flexibility and power without compromising on accessibility for your Laravel development.
One of the most friendly, powerful, and modular CMS and development platforms PyroCMS, is created with Laravel 5. The versatile platform makes it a breeze to launch simple sites, providing everything you need to carry out the development quickly and efficiently.
Above all, PyroCMS’s intuitive admin panel is a highly praised one that allows Laravel developers to manage web content in a snap. No matter if you are a beginner or a pro, PryoCMS meets your needs and also lets you access the entire control panel from mobile devices.
The best part, you can easily translate your content into multiple languages, route translated content, or safely override core translations without hacking. This way, you can deliver your content to a wider audience in their local language, resulting in higher engagement.
It is another modular content management system with multilingual support; TypiCMS is among the best Laravel CMS. The straightforward Content Management System has a clean and simple interface that allows you to manage your website content effortlessly. The best part, its flexibility won’t restrain you from creating and handling your content the way you want, like other CMSs.
The name must remind you of the mighty Thor’s homeland, right? Anyway, AsgardCMS comes with tons of features to help you keep your business website or individual blogs up-to-date. It is free, simple to use, and integrates with your server in a few minutes. Some valuable features of AsgardCMS include the following:
- An attractive dashboard with custom widgets;
- Page management with custom fields;
- Media management;
- Custom menus with drag and drop method;
- Multilingual and modular.
Lavalite is a platform that enables Laravel developers to quickly establish an efficient content management system or build a cloud-based application with Laravel. The Laravel CMS is packed with a standardized collection of tools, helping you use additional packages for your needs. Lavalite is a modern and accessible CMS to maintain your online presence without any hassle. Its core features also include the following;
- Lightweight UI/UX and Pain-free customization;
- Comes with a drag-and-drop interface, templates, and stock photos.
- Powered by Laravel 5 and Sentry;
- Easy-to-understand backend dashboard;
- Provides marketing and SEO tools;
Twill is an open-source CMS toolkit for Laravel to create an intuitive and flexible custom admin console quickly. It enables you to make an admin panel that is rich in features your website needs for modern publishing. Twill makes content management jobs creative, productive, and enjoyable for you.
- Twill comes with extensive pre-built features and custom-built Vue.js UI components;
- Lets you create data models or integrate existing ones;
- You can use it within Laravel apps or even headless;
- You can turn off features when you don’t need them;
- Scalable and doesn’t require HTML.
Fan of headless? Here are headless CMS for Laravel
A headless CMS is a great option if you want to get your website up and running quickly without having to install any additional software. Most headless CMSs allow you to create and edit content directly on your website via a simple user interface. So, let’s explore top headless CMSs that will help you get up and running with a content management system in no time.
Contentful is a modern headless, API-first content management system that allows you to create, handle, and publish content on any digital channel. Out of the box, it empowers you with the below extraordinary features:
- Microservices architecture;
- Support for AVIF image formats to reduce page load times and improve customer retention;
- Easy to use and completely customizable UX;
- Enable publishing in multiple languages and scheduling at different time zones;
- User management API to manage user roles and permissions to safeguard content.
Photon CMS is a next-gen headless CMS built with Laravel and Vue.js. It offers a self-hosted content infrastructure allowing you to power content in any digital product. It has been used by The Coca-Cola Company to deliver digital promotions for over two years.
- With a fully responsive admin panel, it allows for managing your content on the go;
- User roles and permission system enables you to define user access to specific features and modules with a preview;
- Full-featured localization capabilities.
What to look for in a CMS
- Besides providing visual and code-based editing options, look for a drag-and-drop builder feature;
- Content management functionality such as adding, formatting, and publishing content, as well as user roles;
- If it provides access to third-party themes, integrations, and plugins for improving your website;
- CMS marketing features for email marketing, social media, and coupons;
- eCommerce capabilities to sell and manage products;
- Easy design customization capabilities with mobile responsiveness and custom code control.
There are great Laravel content management systems as the underlying technology makes them user-friendly and potent to offer a wide range of features and the ability to be easily customized.
If you’re looking for a CMS that will make your life easier, a Laravel CMS is definitely worth considering. All the Content Management Systems powered by Laravel are easy to use, so you can upload texts and images and move elements in a style that suits your web presence and users. Above all, most of them don’t require coding skills to manage. Bingo!
On that note, I hope this blog helps you find a suitable CMS for your project.