Both single-user and multi-user modes of operation are supported by the QuickBooks programme. When more than one computer has to access the same company file simultaneously, the multi-user option is quite helpful. However, occasionally, users who attempt to switch to multi-user mode, or access a company file, may encounter the QuickBooks error 6000 77. Therefore, it is imperative that this problem be corrected as soon as possible because it might be extremely inconvenient for business owners and could have an impact on business productivity and workflow.
This issue typically happens when there is a problem with the workstations’ or server computer’s hosting settings. It might also occur if the firewall settings on your computer’s Windows operating system are tight and prevent a connection between the workstations and the server computer, which houses the company’s files. Users can verify the hosting settings on their workstations and server computer and make the necessary adjustments to resolve this error. Be sure to read this article all the way through, as it will lead you through the procedures you must take to update your hosting settings and a few extra troubleshooting techniques to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6000 77.
Give us a call at 1.855.738.2784 to get in contact with our technical staff if you need assistance with the 6000 77 error in QuickBooks or any other multi-user mode problems.
Signs that indicate the presence of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 on your computer
Some signs that indicate the presence of the 6000 77 error include:-
- It’s possible that the user won’t be able to read or open their company file.
QB screen might automatically open and close.
- In order to stop the damage from spreading, Windows might shut down.
- It’s possible that the user won’t be able to click on the program’s tabs and buttons.
- QuickBooks might stop functioning completely.
When you convert to multi-user mode in QuickBooks, there are possible causes that could result in the error code 6000 77.
The 6000 77 QuickBooks error is connected to problems with the hosting settings and may be brought on by a number of factors, including the following:-
- You need to disable multi-user access if the hosting settings on any of your workstations have it enabled.
- You need to set the server computer’s hosting settings to host multiple users because they may not be activated.
- QuickBooks multi-user mode may not be working properly on your computer due to restricted windows firewall settings.
- There could have been some harm to your QuickBooks application or company files, which needs to be fixed.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
What techniques can be used to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
You should verify the hosting settings on your server computer and all of the workstations in order to fix the 6000 77 error in QuickBooks. If necessary, you should adjust them. If the error still occurs, you should carry out more troubleshooting. You must follow the specific instructions listed below in detail:-
Review the hosting preferences on your QuickBooks server machine and make any necessary adjustments.
The hosting options on your QuickBooks server machine must be enabled in order to convert to multi-user mode. Follow these instructions to enable the hosting options:-
- As soon as QuickBooks Desktop is launched, go to the File menu.
- Selecting the Host Multi-User Access option is the next step to turning on the hosting settings.
- Check to see if you can now switch to multi-user mode after restarting your computer after turning on hosting.
Consider all of your workstations’ hosting settings, and if necessary, make any necessary adjustments.
You must assess your workstation’s hosting settings and, if necessary, make any modifications. If any of your workstations have hosting settings enabled, this could result in errors with multi-user mode. The following methods can be used to analyze and modify the hosting settings:-
- Start the QuickBooks desktop software on each of your workstations, then go to the File menu.
- Now verify whether the Host Multi-User Access checkbox is ticked or not. The Stop
- hosting multi-user access option must be chosen in order to turn off the hosting settings if it is checked.
- Check to see if the multi-user mode is now functioning properly after reviewing the hosting settings on all of the workstations and configuring them to stop hosting multi-user access.
Repair corrupted company files by using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, which is available from the QuickBooks Tool hub.
Utilizing the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, examine your company files, then follow these instructions to fix them:-
- Go to the Intuit website and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub there using the machine that serves as your server.
- Install and save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to a handy location after downloading it.
- As soon as it’s opened, go to the Company File Issues section of the QuickBooks tool hub, and launch the file doctor.
- Examine whether you can now enter multi-user mode once the utility has finished functioning.
Give the QBDataServiceUserXX administrator rights.
Such issues could happen if you haven’t given the QBDataServiceUserXX admin permissions, so check your Windows user settings by following these instructions:-
- Navigate to the Windows start menu after logging in as an administrator.
Access the Control Panel now, then select the User Accounts tab.
- Select QBDataServiceUserXX from the list by right-clicking on it. The XX number may change depending on the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- Selecting Change the account type will prompt you to select Administrator.
- You can check to see if the problem has been fixed after applying the adjustments because QuickBooks will then have all necessary admin access.
Configure the Windows firewall settings to grant a complete exception to your QB Desktop.
To create a firewall exception for QuickBooks, execute these steps:-
- After starting the Windows firewall, choose the Advanced Settings tab right away. Then, you should right-click the Inbound Rules tab so that you can select the New Rule option.
- Next, move forward by pressing the Next button. Finally, make sure the TCP option is marked on the computer’s screen by pressing the Port button once more.
- You must then click on the Allow a connection checkbox after moving to the Specific Local Ports area and entering the necessary port numbers for your QB Desktop edition.
- To proceed further, simply touch the Next button. After that, you can give the rule you just generated a suitable name, such as QBKEYPORTS (year).
These are the techniques you can use to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6000 77. If you use QuickBooks, you will frequently need to move between the single-user and multi-user modes. The hosting settings on your server computer and all of the workstations must therefore be regularly checked. The likelihood of such errors happening will be reduced as a result. Have QuickBooks up to date to take advantage of its most recent updates and additions. You should also keep the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your computer to facilitate quicker and easier troubleshooting. Execute the troubleshooting techniques in this article in the sequence specified if, despite taking preventive steps, an error still occurs. Give us a call at 1.855.738.2784 for instant support from our technical staff if the error still exists after you have tried all the previously mentioned fixes.
You may read also – Troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped Error