Stress and anxiety are two things that can easily creep into your life and become hard to shake. For some people, stress can be present in everyday situations, while for some, it can be occasional. One way to shake off the occasional, as well as daily stress, is practicing yoga.
Outlined below are the topmost yoga for stress reduction poses for reducing the daily pressure.
Top 5 Yoga Poses For Reducing Stress And Anxiety
- Start by sitting on your calves with your spine straight.
- Place your legs together and press your hips against your heels.
- Stretch your arms over your head and hinge forward.
- Press your chest against your thighs and forehead on the yoga mat.
- Let your shoulders relax and hold this pose for a maximum of 5 breaths.
Quietens the mind and reduces anxiety
Works on the nervous and lymphatic system
Begin by laying down straight on the yoga mat while facing the ceiling.
Tuck your toes in and bend your knees while lifting your lower half of the body.
Press your shoulders against the ground and support your body.
Hold this for 5 to 10 breaths and slowly come back to a relaxing position.
- Balances the blood pressure
- Reduces fatigue and insomnia
- Strengthens the back of the legs
Standing Forward Bend
- Stand erect while facing straight ahead of you.
- Maintain a little distance between your feet.
- Stretch your arms over your head and slowly bend forward.
- Make your palms come in contact with the floor.
- Try to keep your legs as straight as possible and hold this for 60 seconds.
- Keep a smile on your face while performing the pose.
- Stretches the hamstrings, lower back, and spine
- Reduces stress and mild depression
Legs Up The Wall
- Start by sitting on your hips against the wall and swing your legs up.
- Keep your upper body flat against the ground and with your arms stretched out.
- Your hips should be pressed as close to the wall as possible.
- To make the process easier, place a cushion or a pillow under your lower back.
- Hold this pose for a maximum of 5 minutes and then relax.
- Best pose for yoga for anxiety
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps in stress reduction
- Start by laying down in a comfortable position on your yoga mat.
- Make sure your front body is facing the ceiling.
- Maintain some distance between your legs and place your arms at the sides with palms up.
- Close your eyes and slowly bring your attention to how each part of your body is working
- Breathe slowly and hold this pose for as long as you like.
- Puts your body at ease
- Emphasizes overall relaxation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Quietens the nervous system