Avast antivirus offers a fantastic deal of protection against malware and viruses for your computer. Thanks, we may need to unsubscribe from the avast auto-renewal billing system are opt for other alternatives. In such cases, if you do not unsubscribe at the right time, the avast rental automatically gets deducted from our account. Here are some steps to help cancel avast auto-renewal and cancel the subscription in three different ways.
WAYS TO CANCEL RENEWAL
- FROM AVAST ACCOUNT
This option primarily requires the user to have an Avast Account linked to the mail ID used to purchase the Avast Subscription. Mail IDs used to purchase the product can be added to your Avast account from the ‘Add new email address’ section of the account settings
- You need to first sign in to your Avast Account using the following link:
- Go to the Subscriptions Tile on your home screen.
- Click on the unsubscribe button under the subscription that you wish to cancel.
- In the pop-up window, select the option titled ‘Unsubscribe from future renewals and let my subscription expire on MM/DD/YYYY’ and then click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Click on the button ‘GOT IT’ in the pop-up banner.
- While the package is processed, the subscription status turns to ‘Unsubscribing in progress.’ On successful cancellation of your subscription, the status changes to ‘Expiring’ and remains the same until the paid subscription gets expired. Expired subscriptions can be renewed up to 1 year from the end of an expired subscription.
- FROM CUSTOMER PORTAL
This method of unsubscribing is applicable for the products bought via Digital River or Nexway. The order confirmation email that you receive on purchasing the Avast Product verifies the distributor.
- For Digital River
- Locate your Order ID and Password from the order confirmation email.
- Access Avast Customer Portal through this link:
- Login to the portal using the previously noted credentials. Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button beside the order that you wish to discontinue.
- The further steps are the same as Steps iv to vi mentioned in the subscription method from Avast Account.
- For Nexway
- An account needs to be created for Avast Customer Portal to cancel the subscription.
- The Avast Customer Portal needs to be then accessed and logged in using your login credentials.
- Head on to the ‘Change Auto-Renewal Settings’ tile under ‘Quick Links.’
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Scroll down to the ‘Auto-Renewal’ section and select ‘Disabled’ and then select ‘Disable Auto-Renewal’ in the pop-up menu.
- The status should then change to ‘Auto-Renewal Disabled,’ and a confirmation email gets sent to your registered email address for the same.
- VIA AVAST SUPPORT
Consider this process if you are not able to unsubscribe to auto-renewal using the previous methods.
- The ‘Order ID’ needs to be located within the mail received on the Avast Product purchase.
- Contact Avast Support using the following link
- Then click on the ‘Submit Request’ button after filling up the necessary fields.
- An Avast Support Agent will contact you for confirmation of the request. And thereby, your claim gets processed.
These are the few options available to cancel an Avast subscription before auto-renewal without any difficulty. If unable to cancel in time at certain times, you can also so ask for a refund from avast customer support. It is straightforward to cancel an Avast subscription anytime without any professional help. But if you do need support and service, you can always contact the avast support team. Else these three methods should be the best solutions ever.